2010/01/28

speaking

I learned in Speaking Class on Monday 4th. This is International Cocktail Party. At a cocktail party, I meet new people and introduce myself. I roll the dice to decide my new country, job, and hobby and dislike. Then, go out and try and talk to everyone. Let's go cocktail party!!



[How to begin]
Start with an opening
- Hi, I am ~~
- Nice party isn't it?
- So have are you doing?
- So what do you think?
- Enjoying yourself?

Volunteer information
- I do not know anyone here?
- The food is great.
- I love parties.
- I am from Brazil.

Ask a question
- May I ask your name?
- So what do think of the party?
- So what are you from?
- So what do you do?

Typical words
- Uh huh
- Right
- Mm hm
- Really?
- Yeah
- Hm

Showing interest
- Shows you are paying attention.
- Does not interrupt.
- Speaker does not have to respond.


For example 1
Enjoying yourself?
Yeah, it is a nice party.
I am Sid.
Oh hi. I am Carol.
So where are you from?

For example 2
So what do you think?
Well the food is great.
Yeah, I like spicy food.
So what do you do?
I am a car salesman.


182/8878

0 件のコメント: